Portage Lakefront Pier Closed?

Post your Lake Michigan Angling Reports and Information here.

Moderators: Heisenburg, Felix, MC_angler

bloomy
Ensign
Ensign

Portage Lakefront Pier Closed?

Postby bloomy » Nov Thu 23, 2017 1:45 pm

I went out to the lakefront park in Portage today, looking for steelhead and whitefish. Looks like they've closed the main pier for the rest of the winter. Is this typical? I came up to visit my parents and don't normally fish lake Michigan. The lake was calm and it didn't seem dangerous. We tried off the smaller river walk pier and didn't have any luck. If conditions weren't dangerous would anyone hassle me for being out on the big pier? Is fishing still good from the river walk or should I try the port?
Fliptarken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Portage Lakefront Pier Closed?

Postby Fliptarken » Nov Fri 24, 2017 1:58 pm

If its what im thinking, they always drape a chain across the walkway there during the winter. I've never been hassled or seen anyone hassled for stepping over.
bloomy
Ensign
Ensign

Postby bloomy » Nov Fri 24, 2017 5:20 pm

Fliptarken wrote:If its what im thinking, they always drape a chain across the walkway there during the winter. I've never been hassled or seen anyone hassled for stepping over.

Yeah that's it. I went over it today and nobody said anything. Still didn't have any luck. Anyone been doing well there? How about the creeks?
Fliptarken
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Fliptarken » Nov Fri 24, 2017 11:14 pm

I saw a couple of zombie salmon paired up on the little cal on thanksgiving morning. Nothing fresh, no one I saw or talked to had any luck. I'm sure there's some fresher fish in there, but you'll have to do some searching.

Return to “Lake Michigan Fishing Reports and Information”