Update

Post your Lake Erie Angling Reports and Information here.
Brought to you by our Sponsor, Eye Spy Fishing Charters

Moderator: Hookem

eye spy
IndianaAngler Sponsor
IndianaAngler Sponsor

Update

Postby eye spy » Feb Mon 22, 2016 9:21 pm

It's been a while so I thought I would give an update as to what is going on. For us ice fishermen, this has been a very disappointing winter. The lake started to set up a couple different times but then we got warm temps and wind and that was the end of the ice. I did get on the bay a few times and caught some nice perch. It looks like we are going to get cold again for a few days later this week which will more than likely put ice back in the marinas and bay. I will start working on the boat next weekend getting her ready for the spring jig bite; hopefully the weather cooperates this April.
My book is looking pretty good right now but I do have some open dates left for walleye fishing.
Here is what I have left as of right now:
April: 30th (saturday). Jigging trip
May: no current openings
June: 1st and 2nd (only need 1 guy each day to fill the boat)
13th,14th,15th,16th
21st (need 4 guys to fill the boat)
July: 4th, 5th
6th (need 3 guys)
7th,8th
11th, 12th
5th
18th-22nd
30th, 31st (Saturday/Sunday)
August 6th,7th (Saturday/Sunday)
Give me a call if you are interested in one or more of these dates. From all indications, we should have great walleye and perch fishing this year. I also have open weekends in August and September for perch fishing

Eye Spy Ryan
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: Update

Postby Rico » Feb Sun 28, 2016 11:41 am

Thanks for the update Ryan.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
eye spy
IndianaAngler Sponsor
IndianaAngler Sponsor

Postby eye spy » Feb Sun 28, 2016 11:46 pm

June 13th is now fully booked
Eye Spy Ryan
eye spy
IndianaAngler Sponsor
IndianaAngler Sponsor

Postby eye spy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Due to the warm temps forecasted, I anticipate the jig bite kicking off earlier than normal so I an going to open up April 2nd and 3rd if anyone is interested
Eye Spy Ryan
eye spy
IndianaAngler Sponsor
IndianaAngler Sponsor

Postby eye spy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 11:43 pm

talked to a few guys at the Catawba ramp today and fishing was good for some and skunks for others. Most guys were trolling but I did hear of a 2 man limit vertically jigging ice lures. I am guessing it will be game on in 2-3 weeks. That first weekend in April is still open for some awesome jigging action! I am offering either day for a spring special discounted rate of $450 ($60 off the price of a regular trip). Call, email, or pm to book a fun filled day of jigging for Erie eyes.
Eye Spy Ryan
dalen
Ensign
Ensign

Postby dalen » Mar Thu 31, 2016 10:04 pm

If we reach our limit of walleye could we fish for small mouth also

Return to “Lake Erie Fishing Reports and Information”