Perch Express

Moderator: Site Co Founder

bubbagill
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP

Re: Perch Express

Postby bubbagill » Aug Sun 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Cool Fisherdee. Are you planning on getting a guide or no? looks like a very, very nice place thats for sure. http://www.lakeviewlodgedl.com/home.html Man alive it aint my day, lol I tried posting that link and think I on the Twelfth time I got it,lmao. :beerchug
Marking reds, catching greens.
Go Cubs Go
All lives matter.
iceman7668
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Military Veteran

Postby iceman7668 » Aug Mon 06, 2012 5:35 am

I went about 12 years ago, 1st week of March. We used a private guide. There was still 19" of ice. The problem was getting onto the ice with the 4-wheelers. The edges wanted to open up. If you go in Jan or Feb. they are using full sized trucks to get around. When we went, Devils lake was slow, so we ended up about 60 miles south on Alkaline lake. Caught a lot of perch. They ran about 11" on average. We shipped 80#s of filets home overnight UPS. There was only 2 of us plus the guides, this was a two day total. We fileted for 6 straight hours. At that time there was no limit on perch. There is a daily limit now, and from everything I have read the last couple of years, the Walleye fishing is even better than the perch fishing. Keep us posted, I am ready for a road trip.
John D Myers. Flag up:
Grace, Mercy, and Forgivness will help a man walk tall.
dadair
Commander
Commander

Postby dadair » Aug Mon 06, 2012 5:53 am

That looks like one heck of a trip!
chewbacca
2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY CHAMPION
2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY CHAMPION

Postby chewbacca » Aug Mon 06, 2012 8:16 am

I would strongly consider taking this trip! Sounds like a great idea.
Work is for people who don't know how to fish!
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Postby Rico » Aug Mon 06, 2012 9:45 am

Been doing alot of checking into it. I see where guides, lodging, meals, and even equipment is included. I aint sure about the price breakdown.

But to me, weather conditions here will play a big part into it.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Postby fisherdee » Aug Mon 06, 2012 4:55 pm

If I was to go I would get a guide. I think the guides are included in the pkg. they even drill the holes. i saw a strange thing in their bait shop and when i asked what it was...."Ice Augar Extension" because the ice gets so thick! People would drill their holes and the augars would not be long enough to punch thru!

I have not ice fished in years. dont have any equipment anymore. But the idea of these perch, they provide everything and the heated shanties got my attention! I would be game for a trip in Feb. Lakeview said if the fishing was bad or the snow was piled on they would call and advise to stay home.
"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com
crappiehunter

Postby crappiehunter » Aug Mon 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Is this the package you are talking about? Or are you talking about staying someplace else? Looks interesting.......

http://www.woodlandresort.com/?page_id=172
Greg2ha
Commander
Commander

Postby Greg2ha » Aug Mon 06, 2012 7:26 pm

I don't know for sure but after watching that video I went out and started going through my ice gear. I may have the fever again. I'm just
Greg2ha
Commander
Commander

Postby Greg2ha » Aug Mon 06, 2012 7:27 pm

saying.
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Postby fisherdee » Aug Mon 06, 2012 7:43 pm

If I go.. I am heading to Lakeview Lodge. That is where I stayed this summer. Top notch.
this is what they have in a ice package? http://www.lakeviewlodgedl.com/ice.html
they pick you up at the amtrak station and everything is done.

When time gets closer, I will be calling them about condition, current pkg, etc.
"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com

Return to “Ice Fishing Chat”