Dang Geese!!!!!!

Moderator: Site Co Founder

kc9djp
Two Star Rear Admiral
Two Star Rear Admiral

Re: Dang Geese!!!!!!

Postby kc9djp » Feb Tue 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Crappies with eggs, wow. Looks like I'll be launching the boat in March

Before you diagnose yourself as having low self esteem and depression, make sure that you have not surrounded yourself with pinheads and rejects.
rivercruiser
Ensign
Ensign

Postby rivercruiser » Feb Tue 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Crappies always have eggs in the winter. We were catching them late in the fall with eggs starting already. They are in the channels in March for pre spawn, so they have to develop in the winter.
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Postby Rico » Feb Wed 15, 2012 2:41 am

rivercruiser wrote:Crappies always have eggs in the winter. We were catching them late in the fall with eggs starting already. They are in the channels in March for pre spawn, so they have to develop in the winter.

That's not the case around me. Perch.....yes.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
Hookem
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NW Manager, IA walleye HOF, 4th 2013 Bash, 2014 IAIFS Champion, 2014 Bash Crappie Champion, 2014 Princecraft Award Winner, IA Perch HOF, Largemouth Bass HOF, Catfish HOF
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NW Manager, IA walleye HOF, 4th 2013 Bash, 2014 IAIFS Champion, 2014 Bash Crappie Champion, 2014 Princecraft Award Winner, IA Perch HOF, Largemouth Bass HOF, Catfish HOF

Postby Hookem » Feb Wed 15, 2012 2:42 am

kc9djp wrote:Crappies with eggs, wow. Looks like I'll be launching the boat in March

I am with you Rich,We Start In March !!!!!!
fishgutz50

Postby fishgutz50 » Feb Sun 19, 2012 1:37 pm

rico wrote:
fishgutz50 wrote:And another thing is the Crappies we have been catching are full of eggs right now too

Really? Wow.

Yea them having eggs right now is kind of strange to me :dunno :dunno :dunno
fishgutz50

Postby fishgutz50 » Feb Sun 19, 2012 1:39 pm

rico wrote:
rivercruiser wrote:Crappies always have eggs in the winter. We were catching them late in the fall with eggs starting already. They are in the channels in March for pre spawn, so they have to develop in the winter.

That's not the case around me. Perch.....yes.

Yea I know Perch do have eggs this time of year since they spawn 2 times a year and once is usually under the ice
:thu :thu :thu :thu :thu :thu :thu :melt
fishgutz50

Postby fishgutz50 » Dec Thu 20, 2012 1:56 am

Crappies around here never have eggs in the winter so this is something new up here in N.W. IN

Return to “Northern Indiana Ice Fishing Reports and Information”