Postby slimvt9@gmail.com » Dec Thu 07, 2017 10:10 am

I think it means glass, tho
Prybis
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Re: Sunglasses

Postby Prybis » Dec Thu 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Lost River Farms wrote:
Heatman wrote:I will not buy anything but Costas now. Had to wear glasses starting in my teens. At 50 had cataract surgery which solved my vision issues. Bought the 580G lenses and couldn't be happier. 3-4 years later and still as good as new, no scratches.

I cracked the frames twice (my fault)>They replaced them for a $11 handling charge. There is a difference in the lenses. I have a pair of 400G and not the same quality.

Many good buys on eBay. I have the Tuna Alley 580G normally around $240 new for $170 new on eBay.

What does the G mean in 580G vs 400G? Grams?

The G means glass and P means polycarbonate. If buying from amazon and eBay you need to be sure which one you are buying. Even though they list them as 580G or even 400G the cheaper ones are usually the polycarbonate lenses. I like a good deal but if I do buy them I will buy locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike P.
luvndabeers
Two Star Rear Admiral
Two Star Rear Admiral

Postby luvndabeers » Dec Thu 07, 2017 2:00 pm

the best sunglasses i've had to date are the ones an ex girlfriend got me for my birthday, they're Prada...............but I haven't owned another pair of glasses that let me see as far in to the water as I can with these,.
Swim Instructor for Hire
A bad day fishin' is better than a good day of anything else.
ferle
Ensign
Ensign

Postby ferle » Dec Thu 07, 2017 7:13 pm

My Brother is an Optometrist and I wear glasses full time, so just one warning... I use Hummingbird Helix units and I cannot see them, except viewing straight on, with my polarized glasses. DAMN Hummingbird, I much rather wear my polarized shades, but it is a trade off.
teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Dec Thu 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Stafford lake ate my ray bans. Last pair I️ bought was natives I️ like the buy not getting anything better until the cataracts come off and I️ get new lenses. Heck I️ can barely see good enough to tie flys with a magnifying glass. Lol

Was charmed to learn that the pygmies of the Ituri forest cure eye infections by urinating in the bad eye(Trout Madness,1960).
Salt
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion,  IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA  Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion,  2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2

Postby Salt » Dec Thu 07, 2017 9:22 pm

One word for you Jeff: Cabelz!

Image Image Image Image
teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Dec Sat 09, 2017 8:31 am

Suggestion noted! Lol

Was charmed to learn that the pygmies of the Ituri forest cure eye infections by urinating in the bad eye(Trout Madness,1960).
handyandy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby handyandy » Dec Mon 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah whenever I'm hunting or fishing with my sunglasses on and they could be lost to the drink, I have a retainer on. I have a set of the chumz I like them real comfortable. But any retainer will work and prevent loss.
why does everything have to get in the way of fishing and hunting?

Return to “Fishing Chat”