This ought to make your blood boil........

General Fishing Talk

Moderator: bubbagill

Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

This ought to make your blood boil........

Postby Rico » Jun Tue 27, 2017 9:29 am

Yooper steered me over to Facebook to take a look at.........

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/can-you-g ... e=facebook
G&G Ice Pro Staff
Daybreak
One Star Rear Admiral
One Star Rear Admiral

Re: This ought to make your blood boil........

Postby Daybreak » Jun Tue 27, 2017 9:47 am

Obviously, written by a guy that does not know how to fish very well! I was born in Indiana and except for 1-1/2 years in Cincinnati, I have lived in the state all my life. I've had home addresses in Indianapolis, Muncie, Evansville, Kokomo, Middlebury and Goshen. I have focused on and enjoyed catching fish all of my adult life. Give me a week fishing the same amount of time you spend on the water, when you vacation at a lake in another state, and I will put the same amount of weight of fish in the boat. We always go to the "hot" lake in another state. Let me do the same here with a good topo map, my boat, my electronics, availability of good local bait, and time on the water from Saturday thru the following Friday and I will make it happen. So will hundreds, if not thousands, of other quality anglers in this state. I don't know who the author is, but he needs to get in the boat with me or some of my buddies sometime and learn how to fish. :sb
LUND, The Ultimate Fishing Experience
natahka72
Captain
Captain

Postby natahka72 » Jun Tue 27, 2017 9:49 am

:shock: I'd have to think we are a better fishing destination than most of the desert states!!
bubbagill
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP

Postby bubbagill » Jun Tue 27, 2017 11:51 am

I have a skewed or in some cases screwed take on a lot of issues. So take it for what's it is worth. The two paragraph summary is bull, but we also already know Indiana isn't known for fishing related tourism, well no sh!t lol. This guys a genius lol. He also states Ohio as a lousy fishing state. Look up the numbers on tourism dollars to lake Erie, Id bet it's a few million annually.
To be honest this is exactly the type of publicity I'd like to see Indiana continue to receive. The old there's nothing to see here mentality, while we all go home with fish for dinner almost every trip out.
Marking reds, catching greens.
Go Cubs Go
All lives matter.
Greg2ha
Commander
Commander

Postby Greg2ha » Jun Tue 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Really?
rhouser
IA Perch HOF
IA Perch HOF

Postby rhouser » Jun Tue 27, 2017 1:57 pm

i can somewhat see what the guy is saying, somewhat.....To me it depends what kind of fishing he is talking about. If i was planning a vacation and wanted to catch big bass, well of course i would go down south and fish Texas, or Florida or a number of other states.

I dont think he is saying there is not good fishing, just not a place to plan a vacation for people coming out of town, which i wouldnt agree with but this is just one guys opinions, which is worth about as much as the next mans
Greenedog
2014 IA Online contest Deerhunting Runner Up
2014 IA Online contest Deerhunting Runner Up

Postby Greenedog » Jun Tue 27, 2017 2:58 pm

I read that on facebook a while back and it just made me chuckle. :pirate
bubbagill

Postby bubbagill » Jun Tue 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Let me try to better explain what I was trying to say earlier today. I am proud of where I come from and don't want bad things to be said about it. I also wish Indiana could generate more fishing tourist and there money. But I also have seen enough quality hoosier fish cought to know that this article and the authors opinion doesn't mean much to me lol. It's just one guys opinion. He claims to be a hoosier and maybe he Really is. Did any one ever see the little Indiana outdoors magazine they sell at Walmart? Guess what it's written and published by folks in Atlanta Georgia not locals. Maybe the same is the case here. Or possibly his basis for the article was fishing related revenue. If that was the premises then I guess I agree with him.
Marking reds, catching greens.
Go Cubs Go
All lives matter.
iceman10
Commander
Commander

Postby iceman10 » Jun Tue 27, 2017 7:18 pm

While if you do your homework there are plenty of fish to be caught in the hHoosier state I have always wanted boating & skiing hours on inland natural lakes . I think now more than ever as the fishermen & kayakers don't stand a chance to fish boating lakes such as lake JAMES , wawausee etc in the summer time without power boats starting at sun up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rico

Postby Rico » Jun Tue 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Here are my takes from the article. (1) The guy has a hard-on for trout. (2) He hasn't been to Pennsylvania or New Jersey. (3) He has no idea how many people come to Indiana to fish. (4) He doesn't know his @$$ from a hole in the ground.

With that being said on my end let me tackle #3, the tourism aspect for fishing. Where live I get to North Webster all the time. You see people at the bait shops that got plates from all over, they are there for the muskie. I go to Syracuse and I see the same thing. I go to Summit and ditto. The list is endless. Concerning where I live, I read an article a few years back in the local paper out of Warsaw. It stated that fishing tourism generated over a half a million dollars a year for Kosciusko County. And while I am at it having Ohio #2 is incredulous. Wow, they come from all over to walleye fish.
G&G Ice Pro Staff

Return to “Fishing Chat”