This ought to make your blood boil........

General Fishing Talk

Moderator: bubbagill

ferle
Ensign
Ensign

Re: This ought to make your blood boil........

Postby ferle » Jun Thu 29, 2017 8:19 am

Fake news... that said, fine! Leave the fishing to us residents. Nothing wrong with that, trust me no one who actually fishes, believes the crap in that article.
kingfisher
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby kingfisher » Jun Thu 29, 2017 9:27 am

Rico- I like #4--
Check out my youtube channel and please subscribe -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqTnS0 ... KjvmORoC8A
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Postby Rico » Jun Fri 30, 2017 1:01 pm

kingfisher wrote:Rico- I like #4--

That one makes the best sense IMHO!!!!!!!!!! :snoopy
G&G Ice Pro Staff
handyandy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby handyandy » Jul Thu 13, 2017 9:26 am

Clearly the guy has never heard of devils lake in North Dakota, or doesn't realize the abundance of prairie pothole lakes in the eastern part of south dakota that hold bass LM & SM, yellow perch, and some larger ones with walleye. I can't believe I wasted the time reading that. One thing I could agree with is that I wish DNR would manage some species better, but I'm sure every resident that fishes in any state wishes their DNR managed or did something better/different.
why does everything have to get in the way of fishing and hunting?
slimvt9@gmail.com
Ensign
Ensign

Postby slimvt9@gmail.com » Jul Fri 14, 2017 9:30 am

I love this article. Hopefully it will keep the FIBS home in IL. Yeah fishing in Indiana stinks, no reason at all to come here

ImageImageImage
Nobote
Captain
Captain

Postby Nobote » Jul Fri 14, 2017 7:08 pm

I see plates from Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois during steelhead spawn, and three of those states have thier own salmon/steelhead fisheries!
You never see a fishing boat parked in front of a psychiatrists office .....
thebellcompany
Ensign
Ensign

Postby thebellcompany » Jul Wed 26, 2017 12:09 pm

I'm very fortunate to live in Indiana. I love the fishing here. Not only do I have over 100 lakes within an hours drive from my house to fish, I also have the wabash, the maumee, and the saint joe rivers within 20 minutes of my house. For trout they stick them in a local creek near my house every year I also travel north to the saint joseph river where they stock thousands of rainbows, I fish south bend where they also stock thousands of steelhead I fish Michigan city where every year thousands of steelhead and salmon are caught. Did I mention Lake Michigan one of the biggest lakes in North America? How about the 5 or 6 reservoirs not far from my house. How about all the private lakes I also fish. And the inner city fishing programs put in by the cities in Indiana? Keep writing your articles, because that's more fishing for me!! Just get a map of noble county or Kosciusko county and try to fish all those lakes. You can't there's too many! Hey write an article about the poor deer hunting here as well please. My 11-pointer in public land last year wasn't big enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rico

Postby Rico » Jul Mon 31, 2017 12:58 pm

thebellcompany wrote:I'm very fortunate to live in Indiana. I love the fishing here. Not only do I have over 100 lakes within an hours drive from my house to fish, I also have the wabash, the maumee, and the saint joe rivers within 20 minutes of my house. For trout they stick them in a local creek near my house every year I also travel north to the saint joseph river where they stock thousands of rainbows, I fish south bend where they also stock thousands of steelhead I fish Michigan city where every year thousands of steelhead and salmon are caught. Did I mention Lake Michigan one of the biggest lakes in North America? How about the 5 or 6 reservoirs not far from my house. How about all the private lakes I also fish. And the inner city fishing programs put in by the cities in Indiana? Keep writing your articles, because that's more fishing for me!! Just get a map of noble county or Kosciusko county and try to fish all those lakes. You can't there's too many! Hey write an article about the poor deer hunting here as well please. My 11-pointer in public land last year wasn't big enough for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post and it also made laugh, because I grew up in Kosciusko county and live there now. I would say, and it is an approximation, I have only fished around 30 of the lakes here. And I am 50. I also am pretty familiar with Noble County........I would say that I have fished around 10 lakes there. Yep, if you like to fish the area is paradise.
G&G Ice Pro Staff

Return to “Fishing Chat”