Bluegill Limits.

General Fishing Talk

Moderator: bubbagill

Notoriousjmc
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Bluegill Limits.

Postby Notoriousjmc » Jul Thu 13, 2017 10:05 pm

handyandy wrote:I would be for a bag limit and size limit. Hell if I get into some good gills I rarely feel like keeping much over 10-15 cause I don't feel like cleaning more lol. I'd assume clean 5-10 decent catfish and have more meat from them but that's just me. I do like catching some good gills a keeping a small mess of them now and again as I do like eating them. I have to say I don't think I've ever come close to keeping 25 had plenty of days I've caught that many or more but rarely that many larger ones I'd want to bother with filleting.

Man when I was a kid I used to be a catfish whisperer. Now a days I can't catch anything but bullhead. I'd much rather clean 10 channel cats than ten bluegill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handyandy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Bluegill Limits.

Postby handyandy » Jul Fri 14, 2017 8:34 am

Notoriousjmc wrote:
handyandy wrote:I would be for a bag limit and size limit. Hell if I get into some good gills I rarely feel like keeping much over 10-15 cause I don't feel like cleaning more lol. I'd assume clean 5-10 decent catfish and have more meat from them but that's just me. I do like catching some good gills a keeping a small mess of them now and again as I do like eating them. I have to say I don't think I've ever come close to keeping 25 had plenty of days I've caught that many or more but rarely that many larger ones I'd want to bother with filleting.

Man when I was a kid I used to be a catfish whisperer. Now a days I can't catch anything but bullhead. I'd much rather clean 10 channel cats than ten bluegill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lucky for catfish in that I have number of river access's not far from me making it easy to go and set limb lines and a trot line. I haven't set any this year as every chance I have had to rivers have been way up. I haven't hardly done any river fishing lately as seems it's been flooded or darn near flooded since early spring. I have had one day I floated the east fork white for smallies that wasn't too bad. I would have like to set some lines that weekend as well, but didn't have time.
why does everything have to get in the way of fishing and hunting?

Return to “Fishing Chat”