Open water tournament for 2014

Current IA Contests & Challenges. Redirects to these fine IA contests
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: Open water tournament for 2014

Postby Rico » Mar Sun 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Exactly. It is a heckuva lot more complicated than some would think. To be honest private water is really the least of what our concerns have been. I think most of the management agrees that fishing is fishing no matter whether it is public or private. Does it create an advantage to fish ponds? Perhaps for certain species.......but it is a disadvantage for quite a few other ones.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
Charlie
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2011 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, IA Online Open water Tournament 3rd place
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2011 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, IA Online Open water Tournament 3rd place

Postby Charlie » Mar Mon 10, 2014 12:04 am

Nit picking can go on for ever. This isn't fair, that isn't fair
Private ponds
Boat no boat
Someone who works 5,6,or 7 days a week can't fish as much as someone not working
Someone who have to travel a good ways to fish , as someone who lives on a lake
some have water crafts large enough to fish lake Michigan, most don't.
Does a charter out on lake Michigan count with the fish you catch on your turn to reel one it
I have always been lead to believe that the fish grow faster & bigger in southern IN. Warmer temps. allow this longer growing season..
Up north is would be closer to take salmon, pike, musky
Ever hear of large flat head cat fish being caught up north?
May be drop limit to only one fish entry per fish that is more of a regent fish, like Pike&Musky, Salmon. Put and take trout is all over Indiana. No wild trout anywhere in Indiana pretty much anyway. Might have some carry over in lakes that has take & release stocked in them

Put it out there and if you want to fish it, go for it. If you think it is unfair your choice to not fish it.
You can make some of the people happy some of the time, but can't make everyone happy all the time.
Rico

Postby Rico » Mar Mon 10, 2014 5:08 am

Yep Charlie. You cant please everybody. George has been working on the rules for quite sometime now with input from a few others. I believe he has done a fine job making sure that they are fair to everyone regarding locale and species.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
Da-Roc
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby Da-Roc » Jul Mon 21, 2014 3:58 pm

I think the east is favored. LOL wolf lake is my example. Just kidding. You have to go where ever there are the most members who will show up.. thats just fair to the site. Gas costs alot and there are alot of good smaller fishing spots north east than anywhere else in the state. A gill tourney at the slew would peak my interest tho. Time to go pick my zucchini. I havent been to sullivan green in years. Potoka is to big for my boat tho.
Tight lines
Da-Roc
Lito
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Lito » Aug Fri 22, 2014 1:56 pm

I might be down to join in on this.
topwaterbass
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, 2013 IA Bass Tourney Champion, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, 2014 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, 2013 IA Bass Tourney Champion, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, 2014 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder

Postby topwaterbass » Aug Fri 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Lito wrote:I might be down to join in on this.

Just print out your card and follow the rules. And your In! We would love to have yah!
:usflag1

Return to “IndianaAngler Tourneys, Contestests & Challenges”