Contest Rules

Archived Contest Forums, Entries, Winners, Discussion.
Salt
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion,  IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA  Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion,  2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2

Contest Rules

Postby Salt » Dec Sat 19, 2015 10:55 pm

2016 IA Winter Fun Fishing Frenzy

This will be a for fun (bragging rights) contest. There will not be any prizes unless someone feels generous and wants to make a donation. The contest will run from 12:00AM on January 1st, 2016 until the 11:59PM on March 31st, 2016. To play, start a thread in this forum with your name and add your entries their.

Rules: All fish must meet the minimum size limit as set by the DNR for public waters in the state the were caught. All fish must be photographed and include the tournament entry card.. Any measuring device will work. Make sure I can see the whole fish. Points will be given to the nearest inch. So, if it is close to the half inch, you better make sure you take a good picture(s) so I can tell. Failure to provide a good picture will result in rounding down or the fish will be disqualified. REMEMBER this is for fun. Don't make this hard on me. You cheat, you're out. The categories are below and you can enter as many fish as in parenthesis per category. Yes, you can upgrade your catch throughout the contest. I will tally the scores and update the leaderboard regularly. Good luck and most of all LET'S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!

Bluegill, Redear, Sunfish (5)

Perch (5)

Crappie (5)

Bass (3)

Walleye (3)

Trout (3)

Salmon (1)

Pike/Muskie (1)

Wildcard *if it swims and has gills you can enter it* (1)

Common questions:
Q: Is this an ice fishing contest?
A: No. It's a fishing contest. Hard or soft water.

Q: Should I take a 2nd picture and zoom in to prove my bluegill is 9.5 inches?
A: Yes. Make sure you have one picture with the whole fish and the 2nd should be zoomed so I can score it easily.

Q: Do fish have to be caught in Indiana?
A: No, I have no way of telling where they were caught. This is for fun. You catch it, you can enter it.

Q: I'm taking a winter vacation to Mexico, can I enter a tropical fish in the wildcard category?
A: Yes, It doesn't matter if it is a warmouth or a barracuda. It's a wildcard.

Q: Can I use a fish from one of the other categories as a wildcard?
A: Yes. Your wildcard entry can be a fish from one of the other categories.

Q: What if I disagree with how you scored my fish?
A: You are automatically appointed to run the spring fishing contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Contest Archives”