Frenzy Trash Talk

Archived Contest Forums, Entries, Winners, Discussion.
Salt
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion,  IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA  Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion,  2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2

Re: Frenzy Trash Talk

Postby Salt » Feb Mon 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Lol I was pulling your chain on the Marlin. But we are looking at renting a boat for a day. So who knows! Anything is possible in the ocean!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image Image Image
iceman10
Commander
Commander

Postby iceman10 » Feb Tue 23, 2016 9:12 am

teardrop wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160222/bf12538de7536fcc2734fc7b59f8fd8e.jpg[/img]

Beautiful fish , I have tried to catch one every time I've been to Maui & so far I'm 0-5 lol .

teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Feb Tue 23, 2016 9:54 am

My grandson caught his in Belize. His is an Atlantic his dad caught a pacific I can't tell the difference except my grandsons was bigger. I'm not much on saltwater but I would have loved to seen my grandson catch it.

Was charmed to learn that the pygmies of the Ituri forest cure eye infections by urinating in the bad eye(Trout Madness,1960).
Salt
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion,  IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA  Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion,  2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Walleye HOF X2

Postby Salt » Feb Tue 23, 2016 10:49 am

When was the last time you fought a bluegill for an hour and was completely physically exhausted after you put it in the boat? You would be hooked on saltwater after that, Jeff!

Image Image Image Image
teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Feb Tue 23, 2016 11:18 am

Ian your probably right, but it would be heart attack city. I would double over and it would be all she wrote! Knowing my luck I probably would croak before I even touched it.LOL but some of those gills I have caught were almost that big. Hehehe

Was charmed to learn that the pygmies of the Ituri forest cure eye infections by urinating in the bad eye(Trout Madness,1960).
dewald.nick
IA WALLEYE, SAUGEYE HOF X3
IA WALLEYE, SAUGEYE HOF X3

Postby dewald.nick » Mar Wed 02, 2016 11:01 am

Getting Ready for Next week, guarantee I'm making a run at the lead by the 13th ;)
Wishin' I was Fishin' but probably just sittin' in Psychology Class...
teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Mar Wed 02, 2016 12:02 pm

These brash college kids! Wish I had the energy.

teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Mar Wed 02, 2016 12:08 pm

iceman10 wrote:[quote="teardrop"][img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160222/bf12538de7536fcc2734fc7b59f8fd8e.jpg[/img]

Beautiful fish , I have tried to catch one every time I've been to Maui & so far I'm 0-5 lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
If you have been to Maui 5 times you have been blessed with great memories whether you got a Marlin or not. Love Hawaii, if it had trout fishing it would be prefect. I'm ready to go back whenever the wife says she wants to go.

iceman10
Commander
Commander

Postby iceman10 » Mar Wed 02, 2016 7:44 pm

Yes teardrop , I have been blessed with a lot of Maui memories . If I get to go back I want to Gilligan fish & also go on a bottom fishing trip . One memory I had Marlin fishing was the captain went to use the head and his first mate took over the boat , all the sudden the first mate yelled she's on the bow and the captain ran out of the head to the bow in which I followed and a whale & calf swam right under the boat . We ran to the other side and about 15 yards their tales came out of the water like they were waving at us . I looked at the captain who looked freaked out and said man that was cool how often does that happen , his response was in being a captain for 31 years it had never happened ! Lol , I guess I didn't even realize we were in any danger !

teardrop
Commander
Commander

Postby teardrop » Mar Thu 03, 2016 4:57 am

We seen the whales off the north shore of Oahu with the big waves breaking. They had to be 1/4 mile from shore or farther but you could still make them out it almost looked like the were playing in the waves. We also took a sailboat out of Wai'anae about 15 miles North of Pearl on the coast, we swam with the dolphins and watched whales. I have never seen an animal that large, when they break the water it was something I will always remember. Oh and that was my only time salt water fishing when we had mahi-mahi chasing baitfish the Captain threw out a big tube jig (9-10 inches maybe longer) out and trolled with it behind the boat. We had a hit the Captain handed me the rod and I got to fight it for maybe two minutes before it broke off. I thought it was cool, wish I could have landed it. We will go back someday maybe then.

Return to “Contest Archives”