Wiper Warriors Event....June 30th......Lake Monroe........

Information for and discussion of the 2012 Wipers for Warriors Non Profit Tournament held June 30, 2012 on Lake Monroe near Bloomington, Indiana.
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: Wiper Warriors Event....June 30th......Lake Monroe......

Postby Rico » May Sat 26, 2012 11:17 am

Understood Trap. I wish I could help with the boards, hopefully someone will.
G&G Ice Pro Staff
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » May Sat 26, 2012 11:30 am

Dustin I will hook you up with my fold-N-Troll and a few boards as well.
DTrap

Postby DTrap » May Sun 27, 2012 12:14 am

Sounds great Eric. Thanks a lot for the help. I look forward to doing some fishing.
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Jun Wed 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Dustin.

You do not need riggers to catch them this time of year. Pulling jigs on planer boards will work. PM me and I will fill you in with the details. I am loaning out my spare gear to a buddy also coming down to take guys out, or I would let you use it. Him and I learned to striper fish many, many years ago. However, he went to the dark side......started fishing walleye, and got rid of his striper stuff! :mrgreen:
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Jun Wed 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Eric,

You can add Jr. Newton to the list of boat captains. He will be there for sure. If we just had a couple more, as backups in case of no-shows, I'd feel better. I still have Reynolds on the hook...........even though he is pulling back! Don't know I can convince him yet.
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Jun Wed 13, 2012 10:39 pm

As far as the non-boating volunteers, Whats the count? Need to know for food, tables, and chairs thats not at the shelter, etc. (fish), and make sure we have enough people to make getting boats/trailers in and out of the water quickly.....thats where our pinch point is going to be.

I have 2 for sure, probably a 3'rd if I ask. He's my fishing Bud, ans said he could be there if we need him.
Sounds like Raisin' has 7 coming.
Greenedog?
Eric?
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Postby fisherdee » Jun Thu 14, 2012 8:57 am

Myself, wife. firstmate Brian. Steve Spansell (fish cooker) and wife . Got 2 case of vend chips from Frito Lay (240bags)
total 5 people. We will be there Friday afternoon in campground.
"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » Jun Thu 14, 2012 11:25 am

I have myself, my wife will be on shore. and my son in the boat with me.
I will be bringing a small chest freezer. groceries to include 200 bottles of pepsi products, styrofoam plates,Forks, condiments (tarter sauce, ketchup and mustard)35 pounds of french fries 3 or 4bags of wiper meat
potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw. I will bring chafing pans for the above.
I figure if we have enough to feed 150 people we should be ok.
We will have the shelter house til 11pm. So we can just leave our stuff setup and eat our supper there to, as I think a lot of us will be going back out to take the volunteers fishing.
Is there anything else I am forgetting ? Yaz is going to pick up the frying oil. If anyone has anyone asking what they can do to help. Have them make up a dessert. it does not have to be enough to feed 150, if we get enough small items they will add up.Also some table centerpieces might be nice.
I am bringing folding tables a couple of six footers and an 8 footer.
Doug has the registration items taken care of.Name tags, Key tags,Flags,banners, and table coverings.
Prybis
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Postby Prybis » Jun Thu 14, 2012 1:50 pm

I will be a non-boating volunteer. I have a case of water and could pick up 1 or 2 more. I will also have my fly rods and tenkara rods in case there are any interested in trying them. I will tyr to help out with what I can. Not sure what time I will get done working Friday night Saturday morning. What time and where is everyone meeting?
Mike P.
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » Jun Thu 14, 2012 2:00 pm

I would say show up whenever you can. A lot of us are camping there Friday night. We will be down at the ramp before 5 am to get tables set up.To prepare for registration.

Return to “Wipers for Warriors 2012”