Wiper Warriors Event....June 30th......Lake Monroe........

Information for and discussion of the 2012 Wipers for Warriors Non Profit Tournament held June 30, 2012 on Lake Monroe near Bloomington, Indiana.
crappiehunter

Re: Wounded warrior program. June 30th

Postby crappiehunter » May Wed 09, 2012 7:04 am

Looks great
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Wiper Warriors Event....June 30th......Lake Monroe......

Postby Ericjeeper » May Thu 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Added a few more names to the captains list.. Always room for more volunteers on shore to help get boats and vehicles parked.. As well as helping Greenedog and his crew with lunch.
Greenedog
2014 IA Online contest Deerhunting Runner Up

Postby Greenedog » May Thu 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Ericjeeper wrote: As well as helping Greenedog and his crew with lunch.

My fry cook(Dad ;) ) got some practice in last weekend....fried up 110 crappie filets for 36 members of the Miller side of the family...

Not that it always means anything....but while enjoying some private time on the thrown this morning I noticed in Indiana Game & Fish that the "Feeding Time" calender has June 30th rated at "BEST" with the best time from 8:20am - 1:20pm. :usflag1
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » May Thu 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Greenedog wrote:
Ericjeeper wrote:
Not that it always means anything....but while enjoying some private time on the thrown this morning I noticed in Indiana Game & Fish that the "Feeding Time" calender has June 30th rated at "BEST" with the best time from 8:20am - 1:20pm. :usflag1

Took me a few minutes to figure out what you was a talking about... Throne.. man place to sit and think as well as shit and stink..
Man I sure hope that is right.. hoping to see these guys get on some big fish..
Greenedog

Postby Greenedog » May Fri 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Ericjeeper wrote: Throne.. man place to sit and think as well as shit and stink..
Man I sure hope that is right.. hoping to see these guys get on some big fish..

Yeah, that's it. :drink
I just booked the last RV spot in the bluegill loop....site 99. I'm glad I checked today! The only remaining sites in bluegill are non-electric tent sites. There's still a few electric sites available in other loops.
Greenedog

Re: Wounded warrior program. June 30th

Postby Greenedog » May Fri 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Raisin' Striper wrote:The T-shirts are on order for the event. Made in America!!!! :usflag1

Those shirts are going to be SWEET! Are you going to have extras available for purchase?
Raisin' Striper
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash

Postby Raisin' Striper » May Fri 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Greenedog wrote:
I just booked the last RV spot in the bluegill loop....site 99. I'm glad I checked today! The only remaining sites in bluegill are non-electric tent sites. There's still a few electric sites available in other loops.

There are quite a few walk-up campsites that will most likely be available in Blue Gill. Basically all the sites on the left side. They are on a first-come first-serve basis and are non-reservable. I will be there early on Friday and might be able to secure one for someone if needed.

T-shirts are in. They look sweet. I'll TRY to have some available for sale.

PS Troy...# 99 is where the coon crawled in the van with me. :evilgrin
Great Day to be an American-Bad Day to be a Fish!
DTrap

Postby DTrap » May Fri 25, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site but wanted to help out with the event. I talked with Eric on the phone for a while tonight and would love to be able to help out. However I am not an experienced wiper fisherman and need a bit more gear before the 30th to be of any real help. Basically Eric said he would try to meet up with me sometime soon and show me the ropes but I am not setup with downrigers so he said I would need at least 4 planer boards. I have money to order a set of willies now but was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan me an extra set of boards and possibly any other stuff i might need for the 30th to help me out a little. I just love to fish and would love to give back to the guys and gals who fight for my rights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Dustin Traphagan
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Postby Rico » May Sat 26, 2012 9:20 am

DTrap wrote:Hello everyone,
I am new to the site but wanted to help out with the event. I talked with Eric on the phone for a while tonight and would love to be able to help out. However I am not an experienced wiper fisherman and need a bit more gear before the 30th to be of any real help. Basically Eric said he would try to meet up with me sometime soon and show me the ropes but I am not setup with downrigers so he said I would need at least 4 planer boards. I have money to order a set of willies now but was wondering if anyone would be willing to loan me an extra set of boards and possibly any other stuff i might need for the 30th to help me out a little. I just love to fish and would love to give back to the guys and gals who fight for my rights. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Dustin Traphagan

Welcome aboard Dustin. If I had them I would certainly let you borrow them. Put your location up there for guys to see, it might make things easier for guys to lend some help. I admire your statement about giving back to those that do so much for us. God Bless.
Image Image Image Image Image Image G&G Ice Pro Staff
DTrap

Postby DTrap » May Sat 26, 2012 11:08 am

Thanks Rico. I updated my location but I would be willing to drive to meet up with someone if they are willing to help me out. I am really hoping to get the necessary gear to help out as I know what some of these guys are going through. My younger brother served 2 tours in Iraq and 1 tour in Afghanistan so I have seen the effects of duty personally.
Thanks guys
Dustin

Return to “Wipers for Warriors 2012”