A few Wiper Warriors pics...

Information for and discussion of the 2012 Wipers for Warriors Non Profit Tournament held June 30, 2012 on Lake Monroe near Bloomington, Indiana.
Rico
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion
2011 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up, 2012 IA Icefishing Champion, 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2013 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, 2016 Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: A few Wiper Warriors pics...

Postby Rico » Jul Sun 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Great pics fellas. :app I cant really express what a great thing you guys did. :tup :usflag1
Image Image Image Image Image Image G&G Ice Pro Staff
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » Jul Sun 01, 2012 7:22 pm

Did anyone notice how well everyone was fed? Talk about a feast!
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » Jul Sun 01, 2012 9:28 pm

more pics.
Ericjeeper
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Ericjeeper » Jul Sun 01, 2012 9:31 pm

more pics
they should have made more plaques.. Everyone participating deserved a plaque.
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Jul Sun 01, 2012 10:17 pm

It was was an honor to work with so many good people to pull this thing off. I am proud to be a part of it.
Raisin' Striper
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash

Postby Raisin' Striper » Jul Mon 02, 2012 9:20 am

It was a great event! :usflag1 :usflag1
A huge THANK YOU to Eric and Greg. Their friends and family. It was a pleasure being with so many wonderful people.
You guys got some excellent photos. When I recover I will put up the pics I have. Until then I'd like to share some of the things I experienced over the past weekend.
-Not ONE complaint was brought to my attention dispite the weather and other issues we encountered. Everyone worked together perfectly.
-Beautiful boats and equiptment galore showing up before dawn
-got chills when we drove by all the boats on the lake with flags flying
-got a private lesson from Yaz on throwing the cast net
-hearing "Fish On" over the radio and knowing some vet was fighting a fish
-watching volunteers go at it...Jimmy launching boats, Brent and Jeff on the grill, Junior and George on the fryer, Debbie and Carol on foodservice...wow!
-Dee says a prayer better than most priests
-I saw a lot of watery eyes when Greg spoke to everyone
-met Troy's "Greendog" family...his parents fried up some hush puppies that were "all the talk"
-Tuna's crew made him jump in since he didn't catch any fish
-shared a beer with Tim Hudson and Tag Nobbe...and Jeff Wilson owes me 2 beers. :)
-learned to stay off the grass...ouchey
But there were two things that meant the most to me. I was fortunate enough to shake the hand of each serviceman, look them in the eye, and tell them thanks for their sacrifice.
Also, we made our 17 year old daughter Alesia come with us instead of staying with friends. She made the best of it, helping out and having fun talking to everyone. She offered to help a man with no legs as he went through the serving line. He was reluctant to accept the help. She rebutted with a smile " do you know how bad I'll feel if you were to drop your plate and I didn't get to help?" He couldn't resist. On his second trip through the food line he reached in his pocket and handed her a beautiful coin. Not sure exactly what he said, but she gets teary eyed just showing people the coin. Something she will never forget.
Great Day to be an American-Bad Day to be a Fish!
DRAG
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby DRAG » Jul Mon 02, 2012 6:25 pm

I had a great time and am proud to have been a part of it. Thank you guys for including me. It was good to put names with faces of everyone and I know those vets were very thankful to get the opportunity to spend the day out there. :usflag1

I took a few bad pictures with my phone and a lot of them are basically duplicates of what people have shared already, so I will share only a couple that are not dupes.

Here is Dan holding up his catfish. He would have rather been holding up his wiper that he lost boatside on account of me, but he loved being out on the water. He stood nearly the entire time up on the front deck feeling his sea legs...half the time with his eyes closed and I am not sure what was going on in his head but he was smiling the whole time. Dan ran a river boat in Vietnam. His brother rode with Dee and is losing his battle with mouth and throat cancer.

Luke
Goosepond Monster
IA Bluegill HOF 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up
IA Bluegill HOF 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up

Postby Goosepond Monster » Jul Mon 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Looks like it turned out great. Kudos to all the folks who made it happen. You guys did a good thing.
bubbagill
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS NC Manager, 2013 IAIFS Runner-up, 2015 IA ONLINE ICE TOURNEY RUNNER UP

Postby bubbagill » Jul Mon 02, 2012 7:30 pm

I have chills reading through the posts made here. The compassion and appreciation you folks have shown those Vets is simply amazing. Not sure how to express myself here, Job well done. :usflag1
Image Image Image Image

Marking reds, catching greens.
Go Cubs Go
All lives matter.
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Postby fisherdee » Jul Tue 03, 2012 7:41 pm

"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com

Return to “Wipers for Warriors 2012”