Tourney

For the Kayak and Canoe Fishing enthusiasts. Post your pictures, tips, and secrets for tricking out your Kayak or Canoe.

Moderator: Kayakhank

MasterBaiter
Ensign
Ensign

Tourney

Postby MasterBaiter » May Wed 01, 2013 8:29 am

Hey guys,

I don't have all the info yet but I was just letting everyone know, if interested, there will be a kayak tournament on Morse Reservoir, June 1st. I don't know the fee's or prizes yet. This is being put on by Portside Marine, myself and another guy are local pro anglers for Hobie kayaks and Portside. We'll be starting at 6 am with launching at 6:30 am. from The Villa's subdivision/condos (map http://www.villasonmorselake.com/location/ ). As soon as I know more I will let you know. Just be planning ahead of time if you're up for a good time! All makes an models of kayaks are welcome (not just Hobies). Come and get your fish on with us!

Thanks,

Keenan
Last edited by MasterBaiter on May Wed 01, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Livingston Lures Regional Pro Staff
FishnHunt_IN
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Tourney

Postby FishnHunt_IN » May Wed 01, 2013 8:46 am

Very cool, looking forward to hearing more!
Norheast Indiana Kayak Anglers - Kayak Wars Team NIKA
Fishing from a Wilderness Systems Commander 140.
Lowrance Elite 4x Sonar/GPS
cavyjason
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby cavyjason » May Fri 03, 2013 9:57 am

Awesome!

Can't wait for all of the details!
OldTown79
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby OldTown79 » May Fri 03, 2013 11:14 am

I've always wondered how you keep your fish for weigh ins in a kayak?
FishnHunt_IN
Ensign
Ensign

Postby FishnHunt_IN » May Fri 03, 2013 11:26 am

OldTown79 wrote:I've always wondered how you keep your fish for weigh ins in a kayak?

Can't say how this one will work, but most of them I know of are CPR (Catch - Photo - Release) and are based off length rather than weight. Check out Kayak Wars as an example. It's an online nationwide tourney with a bunch of regions and divisions. I have also seen kayak bass tourneys where bass boats are around to collect potential "big bass" winners and transport them to a weigh station.
Norheast Indiana Kayak Anglers - Kayak Wars Team NIKA
Fishing from a Wilderness Systems Commander 140.
Lowrance Elite 4x Sonar/GPS
MasterBaiter
Ensign
Ensign

Postby MasterBaiter » May Mon 06, 2013 11:17 am

Here is the details as I have them now and the form to sign up:

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=dg8W79QbXcFlZbsLjNPXkw
ImageImage
MasterBaiter
Ensign
Ensign

Postby MasterBaiter » May Mon 06, 2013 11:18 am

FishnHunt_IN wrote:
OldTown79 wrote:I've always wondered how you keep your fish for weigh ins in a kayak?

Can't say how this one will work, but most of them I know of are CPR (Catch - Photo - Release) and are based off length rather than weight. Check out Kayak Wars as an example. It's an online nationwide tourney with a bunch of regions and divisions. I have also seen kayak bass tourneys where bass boats are around to collect potential "big bass" winners and transport them to a weigh station.

That is correct it will be a CPR event. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I can get them answered as quickly as possible.
ImageImage
Plastic Pirate

Postby Plastic Pirate » May Mon 06, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm interested. So it is a Bass only tourney? Is trolling permitted? I would also like to know how to become a local pro angler for Hobie?!
MasterBaiter
Ensign
Ensign

Postby MasterBaiter » May Mon 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Plastic Pirate wrote:I'm interested. So it is a Bass only tourney? Is trolling permitted? I would also like to know how to become a local pro angler for Hobie?!

Hey Pirate! Yes it is a bass only tourney (Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted - for people who aren't for sure). Trolling (while pedaling or paddling) I think is not allowed. Honestly, it's still up for debate. It may be something we have to discuss the morning of the tourney and decide but as for now I'm going to say no. If you have a local dealer in the Ft. Wayne area who sells Hobies, they should be able to get you singed up through them. Its kind of up to the dealer if they want to join the program or not. Might give em' a shout!
ImageImage
Plastic Pirate

Postby Plastic Pirate » May Mon 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Thanks for the info Master! I'm going to try to get my kayak wars team mates to fish it too. Do you have to meet certain criteria to be a local Hobie pro?

Return to “Kayak and Canoe”