Linton/Dugger area

brockbrown
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Linton/Dugger area

Postby brockbrown » Jan Fri 24, 2014 10:50 pm

LOL! Yea man, i know sullivan cty lake very well. Nice. I tried matching up some of the dnr webmaps to google and they just didn't but you definitely have given me some study material lol nice. Dont know if ill make it down there this weekend but may be in the near future.
scuba268
Ensign
Ensign

Postby scuba268 » Jan Fri 24, 2014 11:40 pm

brockbrown wrote:Yea i need some guys to meet up with down there, too many ponds that im too unfamiliar with and no good maps, google will only name a few ponds for me.

Where do you live ? I live on the North West side of Indy. I am about 5 minutes from Eagle Creek.
Goosepond Monster
IA Bluegill HOF 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up
IA Bluegill HOF 2012 IA Mushroom Contest Runner-up

Postby Goosepond Monster » Jan Fri 24, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm planning on going to Wampler on Sunday.
Felix
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash, 2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash,  2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ

Postby Felix » Jan Sat 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Nice thanks Goose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted!!

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason!

I didn't vote for him............
scuba268
Ensign
Ensign

Postby scuba268 » Feb Sun 09, 2014 11:47 pm

Hit the pits this weekend. Had a BLAST....Some of the locals probably thought we were crazy though. Friday night we got about 2 hours in by the time we got down there. Hit 1 pit and fished til after dark. Ended up with about 2 dozen nice gills. Saturday we went to one of our favorite pits. There are 2 side by side and the first one had open water at both ends so we decided to avoid it. Hit the other and had about 12" of ice. Caught a few but not what we were expecting. So we tried a new lake. Started off slow and after about the 3rd set of holes...JACKPOT. I had 3 holes and tied on a pink jig. All I could do was go up and down, non stop. Neither of the other 2 holes got a bite. Had my brother come over and put on a pink jig. I took 1 of my other poles out and he put his in. Same thing up and down. Fish after fish after fish. He drilled another hole and put a 2nd pole down. Like my second pole it just sat there. Not even a nibble. We did this for 3 hours. We filled our buckets and then the fun began. We went back to our hotel and cleaned fish for hours. Went back today and fished from about 9 to 3. We only managed about 2 dozen fish. We were all over the lake. Yesterday our bits started around 4 about an hour after we left today. So I don't know if around 4 is when the bite starts on that lake. I do know we fond a new lake for this summer. So all in all it was a great weekend.
Felix
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash, 2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash,  2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ

Postby Felix » Feb Sun 09, 2014 11:50 pm

Great Weekend!!! Congrats!
The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted!!

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason!

I didn't vote for him............
brockbrown
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby brockbrown » Feb Mon 10, 2014 12:14 am

Thats the beauty of ice fishin, nice.
princecraft
IA Military Veteran, IA Bluegill HOF(x8), IA Crappie HOF (X2), TEAM MEMBER, 2014 Bash Bluegill Champion, IA Walleye HOF
IA Military Veteran, IA Bluegill HOF(x8), IA Crappie HOF (X2), TEAM MEMBER, 2014 Bash Bluegill Champion, IA Walleye HOF

Postby princecraft » Feb Mon 10, 2014 6:23 am

Good for you guys. Great days of fishing.
Fisherman's Prayer
I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep,
That in His mercy I be Judged
BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.
Quacker Whacker 2
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Quacker Whacker 2 » Feb Mon 10, 2014 9:30 am

that is awesome! nothing like catching them on jigs. what size jig were you using, if you don't mind me asking?
scuba268
Ensign
Ensign

Postby scuba268 » Feb Mon 10, 2014 10:44 pm

We were using just the normal size ice fishing jigs. I do honestly believe though that the color Pink was the icing that day. Like I had said I had different colors in other holes beside the pink one and nothing. Then when my brother dropped his pink one in he had bite after bite. That was one of those days when you wished you had a newbie or a child with you for the first time. They would have been hooked for life.

Return to “Southern Indiana Ice Fishing Reports and Information”