Fox lake 2-28-14

brockbrown
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Fox lake 2-28-14

Postby brockbrown » Mar Sat 01, 2014 11:51 pm

Got out from 2-5 yesterday. Most of the ice that wasnt shaded was solid clear/black ice around 3-4 inches...which is fine but i found myself walking across an iceberg when i got close to a little island (not a good feeling)...honestly it felt good to be able to drill a hole without having to take a breather halfway through but i was feeling extra cautious, was alone, and without my life vest (*doh)...i had hell trying to ice skate across from hole to hole as every little frozen ridge shot my feet back and forth. (I did have both legs fly out from under me once). Those shaded areas up in the coves still had 6-8+ inches of ice. Anyways i only caught one bluegill right at 5 o clock and id like to thank that was when they were going to be turning on.but i think the fishing is just tough period. Low oxygen.? Idk. I still have a packed freezer so no.complaints on this season :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brockbrown
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Fox lake 2-28-14

Postby brockbrown » Mar Sat 01, 2014 11:55 pm

Another view
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Southern Indiana Ice Fishing Reports and Information”