2014 IAIFS - Member Input?

The schedule is set!! Check it out...

Moderator: bubbagill

HIGHFLAGS
2014 Bash Red Ear Champion
2014 Bash Red Ear Champion

Re: 2014 IAIFS - Member Input?

Postby HIGHFLAGS » Feb Sat 23, 2013 8:54 pm

You guys have done a Great job with these events. I have had FUN at every one I have been to. But here are a few of my thoughts since you asked... 1. I would like to see separate categories for Bass, pike ,walleye , catfish ,etc. . not a fan of the group idea. 2. Maybe make it a option of taking a picture with a tape measure on the ice with a witness for a catch and release of larger fish .. . The judge still has the final say on length from the pic. all ties split the prize, (for picture fish)no weighting. use the HONOR system. Your points system works great. I think you could give points just for fishing at an event. This may give guys incentive to come back even if they had a bad event. Keeps them a little in the running. Keep up the good work, looking forward to next season, Highflags

Lets do BASS or MAXI again , if global warming isn't here to stay
Da-Roc
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: 2014 IAIFS - Member Input?

Postby Da-Roc » Feb Thu 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi Gang,
I think you guys are doing a great job actually. I hear great reviews. I havent attended because of my travels hear and there across the ice belt. I did do laporte when the IA had it there. I would love to see IA travel to the slew or lakes closer to NWI. We have had a couple of so so ice seasons here In NWI (northwest indiana). I would like to see a tourney at white lake in down town plymouth. I think thats the lake there. A friend suggested that so I am relaying a message. Other than that I have a few suggestions if your planning on growing. I would suggest you follow the WIFL (Wisconsin Ice Fishng League) rules or the NAIFC ( North American Ice Fishing Circuit) rules. They are simple and eliminate any underlying current (Cheating) or unfairness. Having a county wide tourney really gives a local guy a huge advantage over anyone who just fishes a lake a few times a year. This makes it alot less interesting for those traveling a couple of hours when they know they dont have a chance. Plus having such a large area to fish from anyone could hit their local private pond and take the event with no problem. Just to many Variables make everything less competative across the board. I truely believe everything is above board at IA there are a bunch of stand up great guys running the show. I think if the IA grows the circuit there needs to be tighter standards in place. As a big fan of the IA group I wish I could have attended a event this year but my schedule and budget depleted fast as gas prices rose. So hopefully next season I will be able to hang out more with the Gang! Now I have to learn how to take a picture of my fish and enter the on line tourney. I really think thats a very very great idea. I just wish I wasnt so computer stupid. LOL
Thanks for all you do guys. Its very hard putting together tourneys running a Web site and many other outtings! Last but not least thanks for all your friendships.!
Tight lines and safe ice!
Da-Roc

Return to “2013 IndianaAngler.com Ice Fishing Series (IAIFS)”