Registering a boat without a title?

Post your North East Indiana Angling Reports, information, and Bait Shops here.
MJDEJONG11
Ensign
Ensign

Registering a boat without a title?

Postby MJDEJONG11 » Dec Fri 08, 2017 10:06 am

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I found a boat that I am interesting in out of Milwaukee but the seller says the boat and trailer do not have titles. How do I go about getting a title to register them?
handyandy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Registering a boat without a title?

Postby handyandy » Dec Fri 08, 2017 3:12 pm

as long as wisconsin isn't a state that titles boats, a notarized bill of sale, hin check/verification by law enforcement should be what you need. Trailer your just as well off saying it's home and submit a homemade trailer title application which you have to submit with some pics of the trailer, and inspection from law enforcement. I don't know what wisconsin regs are if they title boats or not. I'm from missouri originally I bought my boat I still have from kansas which they didn't title boats so it was a similar amount of legwork to title and register it. Not sure on wisconsin though, if they do title them you might be SOL to do it legally cause then indiana will be expecting to see a wisconsin title. I have bought and sold so much crap in regards to cars, boats, and trailers just PM if you have questions.
why does everything have to get in the way of fishing and hunting?
slugger33
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Registering a boat without a title?

Postby slugger33 » Dec Sat 09, 2017 9:07 am

If you have a bill if sale and have a police officer check the hin you should be good. Call the local sheriff they will be more than haply to.check it out
Every day is a good day to fish.

Return to “North East Indiana Fishing Reports and Information”