Gaffight

A place for IA sponsors to answer questions and introduce new products.

Moderator: topwaterbass

Felix
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash, 2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash,  2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ

Gaffight

Postby Felix » Feb Mon 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Ok after drooling over the Gaffight Ice rods I have been able to get my hands on this year I finally made the trip out there this Saturday. Totally knew what I was looking for before I was there. Couldn't wait had the reel with me as I was planning on using my new lucky rod for the afternoon bite.
As I walked in I was made to feel as though I had been a life long customer. Brent is a great guy spent time with me talking about fishing what kind of a fisherman I was, getting to know my style. So I had the rod picked out..... Until Brent started making suggestions and fitting my reel on some stuff that "I just HAD to feel". Ended up going with a tight-liner rod and as much as I knew it was a great rod and I would love it I still was kinda of like "I cant believe this is the rod I bought. I was not what I planed on, I knew what I wanted, and I did not get what I came in for. BUT I KNEW I had a rod that I was gonna love.
Got out for the evening bite with my new LUCKY rod and let me tell you this thing is AWSOME!!! I can't believe how much I love this rod. I caught every thing from dink gills to slab Gills and crappie to about a 2+ lb bass and oh boy talk about fun.
Brent got to know what I was after and put what I needed in my hand.
Great Shop, Great Guy, EXCELLANT craftsmanship!!!! This rod I ended up with is so stinkin sensitive I can literally FELL when a 2" gill is SMELLING my jig.....................
Really!!!!!
If you don't have a Gaffight you need one Period!!!! Its worth the trip to spend some time at the shop!!!
Thanks Brent!!! :app :beerchug :fishing:
The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted!!

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason!

I didn't vote for him............
Daybreak
One Star Rear Admiral
One Star Rear Admiral

Re: Gaffight

Postby Daybreak » Feb Mon 10, 2014 7:53 pm

Good testimonial! I've heard nothing but great things about Gaffight rods.
LUND, The Ultimate Fishing Experience
jimmycrown
IAIFS Staff
IAIFS Staff

Postby jimmycrown » Feb Mon 10, 2014 8:56 pm

I can vouch for this product . I have 4 rods of his and they are the only ones I fish with . even had a broken tip on one he took care of it without a problem
Yooper
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up

Postby Yooper » Feb Mon 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Just picked up another one Saturday also. I really like the way you can just walk in and feel right at home. Nothing like handling a few different styles of rods and really shopping. Each rod is truly unique, no mass production. No racks filled with 30 of each type.
I encourage anyone interested in a great rod to stop by when you have an extra half hour. It's worth the trip and the time.
Keep fishing and keep smiling! Take care of one another folks!
If you're lucky enough to be a Yooper, you're lucky enough.
rhouser
IA Perch HOF
IA Perch HOF

Postby rhouser » Feb Tue 11, 2014 8:56 am

great place, i love it also, i only use his poles. Post up a pick of the set up you got.
joegonnago
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Postby joegonnago » Mar Wed 19, 2014 10:04 am

I see in the sponsor description he does open water rods. There doesn't seem to be a website is there somewhere I can check them out other than his shop since I live south? I'm considering trying my bait caster again and need a new rod for it.
Frenchman83
IA Military Veteran, 2012 "Bash" Tourney Champ, 2013 IA Bass Tourney runner up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, IAIFS Staff

Postby Frenchman83 » Mar Wed 19, 2014 10:39 am

He does make open water rod. Best way is to go to his shop. I would not buy 1 to try out a reel. They are pricey

Sent from my Z992 using Tapatalk
Paul
The Tug is the Drug
Reel Reel Pause, Reel Reel Twitch, Reel Reel SMACK
Felix
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash, 2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash,  2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ

Postby Felix » Mar Wed 19, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah ya gotta just go. Brent don't get caught up in it need to advertise. The ride sux ( I'm over two hours away) but I think it's worth it. You can calls him to see if he has what you are looking for on hand. If not I'm sure he could get something ready for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted!!

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason!

I didn't vote for him............
Greg2ha
Commander
Commander

Postby Greg2ha » Aug Sun 24, 2014 10:27 am

Agree with all it is worth the trip he is truly custom!
Crappie1
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Crappie1 » Dec Sat 20, 2014 4:27 pm

Yes, you gotta meet the guy and pick-up his products. A true craftsman.

Return to “IA Sponsors' Products and Information”