In need of your thoughts

Please post Michigan fishing reports and information here.

Moderator: princecraft

fishlips
2014 Online Ice Tourney Champion, 2014 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, Largemouth HOF, 2016 Princecraft Award Winner, 2017 Mushroom Contest Champion
2014 Online Ice Tourney Champion, 2014 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, Largemouth HOF, 2016 Princecraft Award Winner, 2017 Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: In need of your thoughts

Postby fishlips » Oct Tue 03, 2017 7:08 pm

You won't be disapointed
natahka72
Captain
Captain

Re: RE: Re: In need of your thoughts

Postby natahka72 » Oct Sun 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Yooper wrote:If I were there,and seeking Perch. I would start fishing the changes in depth around those islands at the north end of the neck between B and C, just northeast of D. That presents me the best chance for fish in the center of the temp column and still clinging to what is left of the warm water. I would start with live minnows when sitting still (bobber) or jigging when deeper. I think the deepest and shallowest water will hold the smallest fish just like late winter. Slow trolling some plastics through that area may reveal some hidden crappie action as well. Think like a predator trying to gain weight.
Looks like a real nice spot to spend some time this late in the year, the bite should be good if the weather stays consistent.
I am no expert, hope this helps. Send some pics if it does.
:toast
We got up around the islands and did get into some perch. Nothing too big with the largest being 8 inches. The highlight of our fishing was a beautiful jumbo pumpkinseed. What a magnificent creation they are!!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yooper
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: In need of your thoughts

Postby Yooper » Oct Sun 08, 2017 5:17 pm

natahka72 wrote:
Yooper wrote:If I were there,and seeking Perch. I would start fishing the changes in depth around those islands at the north end of the neck between B and C, just northeast of D. That presents me the best chance for fish in the center of the temp column and still clinging to what is left of the warm water. I would start with live minnows when sitting still (bobber) or jigging when deeper. I think the deepest and shallowest water will hold the smallest fish just like late winter. Slow trolling some plastics through that area may reveal some hidden crappie action as well. Think like a predator trying to gain weight.
Looks like a real nice spot to spend some time this late in the year, the bite should be good if the weather stays consistent.
I am no expert, hope this helps. Send some pics if it does.
:toast
We got up around the islands and did get into some perch. Nothing too big with the largest being 8 inches. The highlight of our fishing was a beautiful jumbo pumpkinseed. What a magnificent creation they are!!ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Glad you got a few, even if they didn't set any records.

Keep fishin and keep smilin
Keep fishing and keep smiling! Take care of one another folks!
If you're lucky enough to be a Yooper, you're lucky enough.
rhouser
IA Perch HOF
IA Perch HOF

Postby rhouser » Oct Mon 16, 2017 11:10 am

order some online, these are great, thanks guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natahka72
Captain
Captain

Postby natahka72 » Oct Mon 16, 2017 11:44 am

They are yummy!! :tup

Return to “Michigan Fishing Reports”