Caesar's Creek Res. 4/20/16 Amazing Day.

Please post Ohio fishing reports and information here.

Moderator: bubbagill

dewald.nick
IA WALLEYE, SAUGEYE HOF X3

Caesar's Creek Res. 4/20/16 Amazing Day.

Postby dewald.nick » Apr Wed 20, 2016 10:17 am

Yesterday, I got the opportunity to take 3 of my fraternity brothers fishing for 2 hours in the afternoon, and then again for an hour and a half in the evening, water temp was 59.2. First we hit up the marina for crappies, and while everyone was still getting ready, on my first cast, I picked up a 12 inch crappie on a jig, and just like that I pitched my crappie minnow out and I had non stop action catching fish after fish for about an 1hr and 15 minutes, catching 16 crappies 8 keepers 9-13 inches, and 8 smaller fish. While I was watching my bobber, I was casting my little jig, and to my surprise, picked up a 15.5 inch saugeye and put him on the stringer too! during this time period my brothers managed to catch 2 fish other than my own, and one of them kept. After that, the bite died, just like that. All of the crappies were still white, with no war paint yet! Several females caught. I was doing pretty well, but this was just the beginning of one of the best nights of fishing I have ever had.... ;) At dark, I took 3 of my brothers back to the same spot, knowing that this time of year, big walleyes in Indiana love to creep up on those shallow crappies as soon as the sun goes down, maybe the same for huge saugeyes. We showed up, and everyone that had been there was gone, only us. I pulled out my dark green vision 110 to imitate my best one of those crappies. 1st cast. Lost about a 17inch saug, and then in 30 minutes I caught 2 saugs, 14-18 inches. Then there was a lull... for about 15 minutes, and I pitched my 110 out....one jerk. BANG Big Saug. Made me WORK with 8 lb fluro, final measurement. 24 inches. Giant. 5.5 pounds. Next Cast. SAME DANG THING. :icefish HUGE HUGE SAUG. Wrestled her in, and had no net, I leaned down to grab her, and she broke me off, but was tired enough, I swooped in and grabbed her, and got my bait back. 26.5 inches. About 6lbs 6 oz's. GIANT. Unfortunately, the measurement pictures didn't really get taken well, and do no justice to the actual length of the fish :cry:
I have really been on em' this spring :smash LIMIT. Stayed and watched the guys, but they did not get anything to add to the pot. Fraternity fish Fry is next week. End of Story. I have been so blessed to have found the spot I have found this Spring (:
Tight Lines :fishing: The cooler looks like We just came back from Eerie lol :party2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wishin' I was Fishin' but probably just sittin' in Psychology Class...
Frenchman83
IA Military Veteran, 2012 "Bash" Tourney Champ, 2013 IA Bass Tourney runner up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, IAIFS Staff

Re: Caesar's Creek Res. 4/20/16 Amazing Day.

Postby Frenchman83 » Apr Wed 20, 2016 11:21 am

Awesome job Nick! You are really onto something!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Paul
The Tug is the Drug
Reel Reel Pause, Reel Reel Twitch, Reel Reel SMACK
hilly77p
IA Team Member, Bluegill HOF
IA Team Member, Bluegill HOF

Postby hilly77p » Apr Wed 20, 2016 11:53 am

Nice job! Get on the pro circuit and just fish for a living lol
Prybis
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Postby Prybis » Apr Wed 20, 2016 12:09 pm

Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike P.
luvndabeers
Two Star Rear Admiral
Two Star Rear Admiral

Postby luvndabeers » Apr Wed 20, 2016 12:12 pm

you're on em man, congrats!!
Swim Instructor for Hire
A bad day fishin' is better than a good day of anything else.
dewald.nick

Postby dewald.nick » Apr Wed 20, 2016 4:14 pm

:lol: Thanks Guys! But I think I'll stay in school lol
Wishin' I was Fishin' but probably just sittin' in Psychology Class...

Return to “Ohio Fishing Reports”