Kentucky Lake 4/5 and 4/6

Please post Kentucky fishing reports here.

Moderator: topwaterbass

Wendell
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Kentucky Lake 4/5 and 4/6

Postby Wendell » Apr Fri 12, 2013 8:40 am

Went down to my brothers in Lietchfield, KY last weekend for some crappie. Friday we went to Rough River reservoir to give Ky lake an extra day to warm up, since it's a 2 hour drive from his house. Fished all day with jigs and minnows, and caught around 40-50, with only 6 keepers. We should have gone to Ky lake Friday, because Saturday there was a small watercraft advisory with winds 20-30 with gusts up to 40 mph! Water temp got up to 53, and the fish were suspended and scattered. Wound up with nine, caught 8-12 feet down in 16-20 feet of water. After talking to a local guide at the marina, I didn't feel too bad since that's been kind of the story down there lately. All the fish had eggs, but they weren't really developed yet. I would think in about another week or so if it stays warm down there, it's going to explode.
crappiehunter

Re: Kentucky Lake 4/5 and 4/6

Postby crappiehunter » Apr Fri 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Wendell, glad you got down to KY Lake. Love that place but it is tough to hit the weather and the spawn at the right time. Fun place. I heard at the local bait shop that guys are starting to catch 'em around here.
topwaterbass
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, 2013 IA Bass Tourney Champion, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, 2014 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2013 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, 2013 IA Bass Tourney Champion, 2013 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder, 2014 Indiana Fish of the Year Certificate Holder

Postby topwaterbass » Apr Fri 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Congrats on a few fish anyway! I have spent some time down there when we lived there when I was younger. Dad and I used to fish it a bit. I got to get him back down there.
:usflag1
Wendell
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Wendell » Apr Fri 12, 2013 7:43 pm

It's a beautiful place to go, with lakes literally everywhere!! Hadnt been there in about 11 years or so, and we just slated them. Timing's tough this time of year, but since my brother's moved down there, I have another reason to go more often!
jimmycrown
IAIFS Staff
IAIFS Staff

Postby jimmycrown » Apr Fri 12, 2013 8:52 pm

was down there weekend before that lots of boats on jonhathon creek . bite was horrible . nothing but rain
Wendell
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Wendell » Apr Wed 17, 2013 9:47 pm

Buddy from work went down to Barkley this past weekend, same result. Fish still scattered. Four days of fishing hard, and came home with 32. Got a feeling when it stabilizes, it's going to explode!

Return to “Kentucky Fishing Reports”