Lymans Ice Shanty Rentals?

choker41
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Lymans Ice Shanty Rentals?

Postby choker41 » Dec Wed 31, 2014 1:01 am

Just got back from Houghton Lake. The ice was 8" and mostly clear. We mostly got all our pike on tip ups using gold shiners about 6" long. We only managed 8 pike and lone walleye came on a hammered perch spoon tipped with a full 6" shiner deadsticking. Don't ask why my nephew did that but it caught our only walleye. All pike were small were small and wally was 17". Sorry no pics as my phone froze. Had a great time except the mile and alf walk we did thinking we would be rewarded for the journey. Conditions were not grear with 20 mph winds but the time spent with family was priceless.
Felix
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash, 2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ
IA TEAM MEMBER, IAIFS Staff, 3rd 2013 Bash,  2013 IA Flyfishing Online Tourney Champ

Postby Felix » Dec Wed 31, 2014 8:08 am

Thanks for the report!! Glad YA got on!!!! Now I'm really hurtin for dome ice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted!!

Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason!

I didn't vote for him............
Icehole
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Icehole » Jan Sun 04, 2015 10:03 pm

About 10 hours north in Deer River MN is lake Winnie. I've spent my last 3xmas vacations on the lake at Tamarak Lodge. High Banks is also very good resort right down the road. 14" perch all day and a few good walleye every now and then.

Return to “Michigan Ice Fishing Reports and Information”