My deer season

Moderator: infernoxd45

fishlips
2014 Online Ice Tourney Champion, 2014 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, Largemouth HOF, 2016 Princecraft Award Winner
2014 Online Ice Tourney Champion, 2014 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, Largemouth HOF, 2016 Princecraft Award Winner

My deer season

Postby fishlips » Dec Sun 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Got my 2nd doe tonight,was glad to get out of the field with 2 WD and no weight in back yet,hunted from the ground in the edge of a cornfield,only had a few does come out tonight,this one got in good range.I hunted the same field last night only a different side, and had a dozen does and a small 8 pt that was chgaseing 2 does around,took a 40 yd shot at a doe,knocked it down,after about a minute the deer got up and ran,after a while I went over to where it was laying and found no blood,walked around the area for a good hr and never found anything??I got the other doe a couple weeks ago at a different farm,was also ground huntin,shot at a coyote and missed,and 10 min later this 130 lb doe came out of the cattail masrh.I have passed on more bucks than ever,lots of spikes,4,6,small 8 pts but never seen a shooter yet,my 3rd season in a row buckless,oh well the does eat better.Still some time so maybe see some horns.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
natahka72
Captain
Captain

Re: My deer season

Postby natahka72 » Dec Sun 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Sounds like my last couple deer seasons, too. I have passed on many small bucks and does. Deer numbers seem to be way down where I hunt. Don't see the number of deer I used to see and don't hear very much shooting anymore.
Salt
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion, IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion
2010 IA Deerhunting Co-Champ, 2011 IA Mushroom Contest Champion,  IA Northern Pike HOF, 2013 IA  Deerhunting Champion, 2014 IA Deerhunting Champion,  2014 IA Mushroom Contest Champion

Re: My deer season

Postby Salt » Dec Mon 05, 2016 9:07 am

Congrats on filing the freezer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Deer Hunting”