Perch Outing July 21st, New Buffalo Mich.

Information about upcoming area fishing tournaments.
Brought to you by our Partner Site,
AmericanFishingContests.com

Moderator: jimmycrown

wallin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Perch Outing July 21st, New Buffalo Mich.

Postby wallin » Jul Sat 14, 2012 10:40 am

MWA Perch Outing

MWA's Annual Perch Derby Is July 21 blow day will be on July 22 we will be launching out of New Buffalo. We will fish from 8am til 2pm,check in is from 7am -7:30am in the parking lot. We will also measure the fish in the lot afterwards. This is a bragging rights derby with a $10 per boat pot for BIG fish.You may fish with as many people in your boat as law allows. The ramp fee is $12.00. You don't have to be a member to join in so tell your friends. If any questions call me Rick Nichols at (219) 712-1369 hope to see you at the ramp.
This is just a fun get together if anyone is interested.
Tom
Tom
crappiehunter

Re: Perch Outing July 21st, New Buffalo Mich.

Postby crappiehunter » Jul Sun 15, 2012 6:54 am

Sounds like a fun time, thanks for the invite. Wish I had a bigger boat! Are you catching 'em now?
wallin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby wallin » Jul Sun 15, 2012 9:30 am

Mike all I get to do anymore is work, have not heard alot but with the heat and the wind it should be setting it up for a nice bite. Were all in mostly 16 to 17 ft boats going, so we watch the waves and wind forcast. We can usually do ok, I will watch and listen for an open seat for you. Beau usually attends when he can also.
Tom
Tom
wallin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby wallin » Jul Sun 22, 2012 12:05 pm

MWA Perch Outing
by 1eyechaser on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Well the 5th annual MWA Perch Derby is in the books . We had a total of 13 boats registered. 1st Place went to Dan Haddock and his crew with a 11-3/4 incher winning $90.00 way to go gents. 2nd place went to Rick Nichols & Dale Brinley with a 11-5/8 incher for $ 40.00. Winners of the side pot of $ 115.00 was Team Nichols & Brinley, thanks to Dan & crew for not getting in the pot there were a few other 11" and and few 10" but mostly dinks. Fishing was tough, ours was the only keeper we caught for the day. Most everyone was running here and there trying to find some active biters, but at least it was a nice day weather wise I want to thank everyone who came and hope to see you next year. Thanks Dale for being my partner again this year

Rick

1eyechaser

It was a tough day with some Dinks, threw back some 4 , 5 and 6 inchers early in the morning and as the day went
we wondered if we should of kept them lol.Had a great time as always, Da-Rock (Rocky) fished with me. Had a great time and just enjoyed being on the water with good people and good friends. Fish seemed to start feeding abot 1:00 PM,lol about an hour before the event end lol.
I got 1 keeper fish, 3rd place with an 11 inch perch, Da-Rock had 1 9 1/2 perch. We were marking large schools all day but could not get them to go . 13 boats joined in on the fun and heard a few of the IL. boys came but were late for the event. Heres some pics just of the water,smooth with just swells in the morning to a little rougher by afternoon, but not bad at all, really a great day.
Tom

Tom
crappiehunter

Postby crappiehunter » Dec Thu 20, 2012 2:03 am

looks like a good time with friends and a few fish. It's all good. Congrats

Return to “The Tourney Trail”