Coon Daggers?

Wild Game Trapping Pictures, Tips, and Techniques
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Re: Coon Daggers?

Postby fisherdee » Dec Mon 19, 2011 9:19 pm

I am going to have to put out a few around the house. Had a huge bore coon raid the kitten box two nights ago and made off with one kitten. It was early a.m., i just got home from work and heard the cat fight. turned on the light and there he was working over the kitten. When they are that big they become killers of small animals if they can catch them. They will be running with these warm temps so maybe I will get him!
"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby IFORGEIRON » Dec Mon 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Yaz,,
Been in your shoes plenty of times,sorry to say, :hf , wish it was the old days,,i`d of had a scalp hanging from my belt! :bdh
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Dec Tue 20, 2011 12:07 pm

I went over and BS'ed with the Amish neighbors. They could have seen anybody at the barn. They actually told me they seen me back there that morning. They dodn't know I was checking traps....till I told them. I know it wasn't them. I could tack a $100.00 bill on the barn, and they wouldn't touch it. They might shoot a deer or two off our place, but they don't steal. There's been some other things happening back there, like spotlighting for deer, and other things. There are no fences between our place and the back road, so people come in there all the time. They left some gates open a couple weeks ago. Don't know how/why the cattle didn't get out. Its about time to involve the C.O.
fisherdee
Captain
Captain

Postby fisherdee » Dec Thu 20, 2012 1:53 am

yep I would involve them. There are probably other things going on the area that have been reported and every little bit of information helps.
They check with fur buyers and maybe get a line on a shady character trying to sell a trap. Makes my skin crawl thinking one of spin-less morons are working an area. Their petty crimes could escalate at any time!
"Retired - Now I only fish the good days, not just the off days!"
http://www.fisherdee.wordpress.com
GRIFF
Ensign
Ensign

Postby GRIFF » Jun Mon 09, 2014 6:21 pm

dagger's are the best D P on the market with the trigger it has (push or pull ) set them up with stingray anchors (cable stakes) I can bait and set about 40 traps an hour if I,am on ground I know as of now I have 8/9 doz. and plan on picking up more this year I have to much ground to cover and not near the traps to put out.
past director Indiana state trappers assoc. trappers ED. instructor. fishing is to hard can we go home now

Return to “Trapping”