Beaver ??

Wild Game Trapping Pictures, Tips, and Techniques
lakehopper
Ensign
Ensign

Beaver ??

Postby lakehopper » Dec Thu 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Hey Forge ,how far will a beaver travel in a day ??
See some signs of beaver in the creek I'm trapping ''already got one from here'' but I cant figure out where they are denning at. It appears they are only chewing in a small area here ,but not chewing on any big trees .It seems to be a hit and miss type of feeding area. This area is about a mile to a mile and a half from the river as the stream flows.Could they be coming up and going back to the river ??
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Beaver ??

Postby IFORGEIRON » Dec Fri 09, 2011 12:25 am

Not sure exactly, but i have ran into it often. Put you in a couple mud pie sets he will probably be back thru. Might be a big ole bachelor. They tend to travel alot. I see it alot on small creeks around here, couple chew sticks here and there , mabe a tree gnawed on but no real sign. But my guess is he will be back sooner or later. You got any big beaver foot traps and a deep enough spot of water to drown him in? If so i`d make a mud pie and put some castor on it,,if he comes back he`ll check it out!
JD
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson
lakehopper
Ensign
Ensign

Postby lakehopper » Dec Fri 09, 2011 12:34 am

Dont have any big foot traps 11/2s is all I got except for a few 330s .The water where I see this is only 2ft deep
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby IFORGEIRON » Dec Thu 20, 2012 1:53 am

Maybe look for a natural funnel or make one and put a 330 in it. if you wanna keep the rats out move the trigger over to one side, still may get a few but it should help.
JD
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Trapping”