Time for coyotes...

Wild Game Trapping Pictures, Tips, and Techniques
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Time for coyotes...

Postby IFORGEIRON » Feb Sat 18, 2012 10:48 am

Wow Yaz,, way 2 go,, i like that pic of the lone female beside the fence post!
I dont think you`ll ever run out of yotes to catch but you may make them think twice for awhile coming around your area!
JD
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Feb Sun 19, 2012 12:39 am

IFORGEIRON wrote:Wow Yaz,, way 2 go,, i like that pic of the lone female beside the fence post!
I dont think you`ll ever run out of yotes to catch but you may make them think twice for awhile coming around your area!
JD

I really thought I'd catch 5 or 6 and that would be it. I never dreamed there were that many around. What is unusual, I have seen very few this year. I normally see one or two a week out feeding, etc. No wonder we have very few deer, foxes, and small game around......
crappiehunter

Postby crappiehunter » Feb Sun 19, 2012 7:06 am

Interesting pics and story, thanks for sharing. those things are huge. I need to keep an eye on my dachshunds!
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Feb Tue 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Well.....its been two weeks since I've caught one. There is a pair still running around, but they have not caused us any trouble. They will NOT go through a snare. One of them is a smart one, and has been digging and uncovering my traps. Might be because one got their toes pinched earlier in the week! :mrgreen: I'll give myself the rest of this week, and if I can't catch them, Ill let them be....as long as they stay out of the cattle.

Here is a picture of thier "handy work". Almost surgical the way they dug it up without throwing the trap. Reminds me of an 'ole Wiley red.
BTW- Notice the "deposit" she left me to the lower left hand side of the trap. If it wasn't for that, I'd pulled my trap and just let them go......its personal now!!!!!! :rotf
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby IFORGEIRON » Feb Tue 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Yaz,
Thats a site i have seen b4, :( sometimes its best to just let them win,, but a second trap well concealed behind the first trap mite fool him! leave a little of the original trap exposed to catch his attention and you mite catch him off gaurd! :nana
GOOD LUCK!
jd
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Feb Tue 28, 2012 8:42 pm

IFORGEIRON wrote:Yaz,
Thats a site i have seen b4, :( sometimes its best to just let them win,, but a second trap well concealed behind the first trap mite fool him! leave a little of the original trap exposed to catch his attention and you mite catch him off gaurd! :nana
GOOD LUCK!
jd

You HAVE been down this road before, haven't ya? :mrgreen: Thats exactly what i did. We'll see if it works.....I don't have much faith. Once you have one knowing you are after them....they are a different critter.
IFORGEIRON
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby IFORGEIRON » Feb Wed 29, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes i have and yes they are!!!
if i was out trapping for numbers and money i usually just gave up on them. But sometimes you just gotta try, to build your confidence(ego)lol
JD
Thomas Jefferson
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Feb Wed 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Yep......they hurt my feelings. Its a matter of pride! :mrgreen:
Yaz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yaz » Mar Sun 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Well.....Today was the day i picked to pull all my traps, and snares. To my surprise, I pulled out in the field and seen a "lump" where my set was and got a big 'ole grin on my face.. I had not been on this set to do anything, including putting in bait, scent, or urine since I made it Feb 26. I did not want to risk them smelling or suspecting anything. I don't know for sure it was the "digger", but by the tracks after she got caught, indicated she came in from the back side, and got caught by the second trap by the hind foot. She did step in the trap she kept uncovering also. A GOOD way to end it.

Raisin' Striper
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash
IA TEAM MEMBER, IA Striper HOF(X2), IA Wiper HOF, 5th 2013 Bash

Postby Raisin' Striper » Mar Sun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

I dont think I'll be sneaking aroung Yaz's property. :2shooter
Great Day to be an American-Bad Day to be a Fish!

Return to “Trapping”