New to trapping

Wild Game Trapping Pictures, Tips, and Techniques
Gillgetter22
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New to trapping

Postby Gillgetter22 » Nov Mon 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Do i need to take hunters ed to get a youth trapping lisence? :dunno
If i could fish 365 days a year, i would!
Charlie
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2011 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, IA Online Open water Tournament 3rd place
IA TEAM MEMBER, 2011 IA Online Open Water Tournament Runner-up, 2012 IA Online Open Water Tournament Champion, IA Online Open water Tournament 3rd place

Re: New to trapping

Postby Charlie » Nov Mon 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Not yet, but everyone being in the feild durning any hunting season should take that corse. WEAR a ORANGE hat or coat at least durning deer season. Heck I use to buy a half dozen of those Oranga strech hats for the farmer & family whos farms I hunted on. Just being outside anywere in the country, it's safer.. A woman got shot with a high powered round in Maine a few years ago I read about. She was wearing white gloves hanging out clothes on her clothes line in her back yard. The ( so called hunter) defence was he saw the white flag of a deer . Shit happen . Trapping you are right out there were deer live ,so that brings deer hunters, ( EVEN WERE THEY DO HAVE PERMISSION TO BE) Gillgetter drop a call to you local CO in your area, or to the distrect head quarters. It is in the DNR hunt/traping guide. Good luck !
Greenedog
2014 IA Online contest Deerhunting Runner Up
2014 IA Online contest Deerhunting Runner Up

Postby Greenedog » Dec Thu 20, 2012 2:09 am

Gillgetter22 wrote:Do i need to take hunters ed to get a youth trapping lisence? :dunno

Yes, you need to take hunters ed to get the youth hunt/trap license. You could get an apprentice youth hunt/trap license, but then you would need to be accompanied by a licensed individual 18 or over.
The only exception would be if you're trapping on your families own land.

If you can't find any hunters ed classes locally you could do it online... http://www.hunter-ed.com/indiana/index.html

A youth license is a great thing to have! :tup
The resident youth hunt/trap license, for individuals 17 or younger, covers the annual resident hunting and trapping licenses, turkey licenses, game bird habitat, Indiana migratory waterfowl, trout/salmon stamp privileges and all deer licenses.
GRIFF
Ensign
Ensign

Postby GRIFF » Jun Wed 04, 2014 7:19 am

there is a trappers ED class as I was one of the first to hold a instructors cert. that was not a DNR employee.
past director Indiana state trappers assoc. trappers ED. instructor. fishing is to hard can we go home now

Return to “Trapping”