Trail Creek - What gives?

Post your River, Creek, and Stream Fishing Reports and Information here.

Moderators: MC_angler, Heisenburg, luvndabeers

Coltsboy14
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Trail Creek - What gives?

Postby Coltsboy14 » Oct Mon 02, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm pretty much out there every weekend in Michigan City (since I live there anyways). I have noticed a lot less bites this last weekend and the fish aren't moving quite as much (although there are still a ton in there). I would expect another big push with the rain we are getting this week, especially with the cooler day and night temperatures. I'll be back at it on Sunday so good luck to you!
strad12598
Ensign
Ensign

Postby strad12598 » Oct Mon 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try to make it out on a weekday next week if things line up with work and weather. If I do, I'll definitely post an update. Good luck this weekend!
Yooper
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up
IAIFS Director, 2013 Bash Champion, 2014 IA Online Ice Tourney Runner-up

Postby Yooper » Oct Mon 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Have fun Fellas! Tight lines.
Keep fishing and keep smiling! Take care of one another folks!
If you're lucky enough to be a Yooper, you're lucky enough.
strad12598
Ensign
Ensign

Postby strad12598 » Oct Sun 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Just a follow up report. I bided my time and waited for rain and cooler temps, and finally decided the conditions were better and went to Trail Creek yesterday. It was a slow day. Didn't see any salmon, saw two colored-up steelhead, and my friend caught a colored-up steelhead. A pretty slow day, and doesn't look like many fresh fish came up with the rain.
MC_angler
2015 Princecraft Award Winner
2015 Princecraft Award Winner

Postby MC_angler » Oct Mon 23, 2017 11:11 am

I think the blow-out last week pushed most of the fish farrrrrr upstream, into ag ditches even

It's looking like the salmon run is winding down. A few new cohos came in last week but not a ton

We're now in the in-between zone where salmon are winding down and winter runs are only just trickling in

Couple weeks and the winter runs should start picking up
“Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them. Now we face the question whether a still higher 'standard of living' is worth its cost in things natural, wild and free. For us of the minority, the opportunity to see geese is more important than television.”
― Aldo Leopold
strad12598
Ensign
Ensign

Postby strad12598 » Oct Mon 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Yeah, one of the steelhead we saw was in Creek Ridge County Park, which is the farthest upstream I have ever gone. Based on the maps, though, looks like there is plenty more stream to go up beyond that with heavy rain.

Return to “Rivers, Creeks, and Streams Fishing Reports and Information”