St Joe 9/28

Post your River, Creek, and Stream Fishing Reports and Information here.

Moderators: MC_angler, Heisenburg, luvndabeers

bwteal
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

St Joe 9/28

Postby bwteal » Sep Thu 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Went out this morning. Nothing! Not even a lite bite. Four boats were out, counting ours. 2 up at Capital Street... don't know how they did. One more at a undisclosed creek entrance. I know they did well. We saw them bring one up as we passed. I would have been there too with that cold water coming in. Was on the water by 6am and they were there before us, so we moved on. We tried another creek entrance upstream, current was coming out so slow, it wasn't holding any fish.
Niles Dam said temp was 71, but my Lowrance stated 74.5. Still too warm. Will wait until next week to go again.
Zappia was packed with cars. Might give Mark, our CO, a heads up... heard reports of people snagging there.
We really need a couple of days of heavy rain. Next 2 weeks don't look promising.
FYI, River is as low as I've ever seen it this time of year. Went over a bar that normally has no issues at all. Yep, bent prop, but was able to straighten it out. Be careful out there... luckily we weren't breaking a wake.
Have Perch...will travel...
Dean
crappieman18
Ia Crappie HOF(x2), Ia Walleye HOF

Re: St Joe 9/28

Postby crappieman18 » Sep Thu 28, 2017 11:00 pm

I was at zappia last weekend first light, got one steelie on a spinner, brought it in and people instantly start tossing i. And snagging....i pack my stuff and left 20 minutes later after a guy yelled at me for casting over his treble hook
MC_angler
2015 Princecraft Award Winner
2015 Princecraft Award Winner

Postby MC_angler » Sep Fri 29, 2017 9:27 am

Next time call Central Dispatch for DNR Law Enforcement at 812-837-9536

They've been busting snaggers at a decent clip this year, but they can't bust them if they aren't called
“Like winds and sunsets, wild things were taken for granted until progress began to do away with them. Now we face the question whether a still higher 'standard of living' is worth its cost in things natural, wild and free. For us of the minority, the opportunity to see geese is more important than television.”
― Aldo Leopold
crappieman18

Postby crappieman18 » Sep Sat 30, 2017 3:40 am

They might recognize my number after last 5 weeks or so at the creeks!
MattOutdoors
Ensign
Ensign

Postby MattOutdoors » Sep Sat 30, 2017 8:48 am

How many conservation officers cover the creeks? Last Saturday, I was at a spot on the East Branch of Trail that I've been fishing for two falls and an ICO pulled up and told me it was now private property on one side of a bridge and I need permission from the land owner of the other side to fish it even though it wasn't posted. Later that day I called DNR on some snaggers in Valpo and it was the same officer, kind of surprising.

Return to “Rivers, Creeks, and Streams Fishing Reports and Information”