King on the Fly

Post your River, Creek, and Stream Fishing Reports and Information here.

Moderators: MC_angler, Heisenburg, luvndabeers

MO Steel
Ensign
Ensign

King on the Fly

Postby MO Steel » Oct Sun 08, 2017 6:09 pm

Spent 4-5 hours on a pier, chucking a variety of hardware from dark until boredom set in. Had one small largemouth to show for it.

Headed up a creek, messing around with an egg sucking leech. Nobody was really catching anything, and I only saw one or two fish. I wasn't paying attention, and had a fish take the fly as I was dealing with a mess. It wound up an 11lb hen king for my first salmon.

Since I wasn't seriously fishing, a good Samaritan netted the fish for me, and then put it on his scale. Couldn't be happier to finally get one, and on a fly to boot.
beutlerjc
Ensign
Ensign

Re: RE: King on the Fly

Postby beutlerjc » Oct Sun 08, 2017 6:23 pm

MO Steel wrote:Spent 4-5 hours on a pier, chucking a variety of hardware from dark until boredom set in. Had one small largemouth to show for it.

Headed up a creek, messing around with an egg sucking leech. Nobody was really catching anything, and I only saw one or two fish. I wasn't paying attention, and had a fish take the fly as I was dealing with a mess. It wound up an 11lb hen king for my first salmon.

Since I wasn't seriously fishing, a good Samaritan netted the fish for me, and then put it on his scale. Couldn't be happier to finally get one, and on a fly to boot.
Way to go bud! Great way to start!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Return to “Rivers, Creeks, and Streams Fishing Reports and Information”