public access for sugar creek in hancock or shelby co

Post your Central Indiana Angling Reports, Information, and Bait Shops here.

Moderator: topwaterbass

muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

public access for sugar creek in hancock or shelby co

Postby muskiematt » Sep Sat 09, 2017 5:39 pm

As implied by the title, Does anybody know of public places to put in at sugar creek in Hancock or Shelby co?
stryguy
Ensign
Ensign

Re: public access for sugar creek in hancock or shelby co

Postby stryguy » Sep Wed 13, 2017 8:50 am

The only sugar creek I know of doesn't hit those counties. Maybe this will help?

https://www.indianaoutfitters.com/sugar_creek.html
muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

Postby muskiematt » Sep Wed 13, 2017 9:49 am

I think there are 2 sugar creeks. There's one that goes by that area and one that goes through the counties I mentioned. I think the Sugar Creek I mentioned has the state record for rock bass.
muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

Postby muskiematt » Sep Wed 13, 2017 9:50 am

Thank you for the input, though.
Prybis
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Postby Prybis » Sep Wed 13, 2017 9:51 am

There is a Sugar Creek that runs through those counties. Unfortunately, I do not know of any public access in those counties. Only public access I know of is at Camp Atterbury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike P.
muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

Postby muskiematt » Sep Fri 15, 2017 10:41 am

Found a couple campsites that'll let you pay to fish. One is off of 400n west Fairland in Shelby co and the other is by 200n and 300w in hancock. The one in Shelby co was decent. Pulled a couple of keeper sized smalls but from what I can tell it's not a particularly good spot. It doesn't have the eddys or fallen trees that river fish typically like.
Prybis
IA Military Veteran
IA Military Veteran

Postby Prybis » Sep Fri 15, 2017 7:42 pm

muskiematt wrote:Found a couple campsites that'll let you pay to fish. One is off of 400n west Fairland in Shelby co and the other is by 200n and 300w in hancock. The one in Shelby co was decent. Pulled a couple of keeper sized smalls but from what I can tell it's not a particularly good spot. It doesn't have the eddys or fallen trees that river fish typically like.

The one in Fairland, is that just west of London Rd on the North Side. How much does it cost?
Mike P.
muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

Postby muskiematt » Sep Sat 16, 2017 3:28 pm

You know it. It's $3 for all day.
handyandy
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby handyandy » Oct Thu 12, 2017 10:23 am

as Prybis said there is a ramp at camp atterbury fish and wild life. I have put in there before and paid blues canoes to shuttle me back up and let me pull out at their camp site. Your only on sugar creek for a short while with that float and driftwood most the time after blue river and sugar meet up. It's a nice float fishing is ok blues canoes makes it convenient to do a float on your own, but it's also a down side as they put a lot of people on that stretch especially over the summer. The fall is a good time to make it. You should be able to park off any bridge and access the creek and wade up or down stream from the bridge.
why does everything have to get in the way of fishing and hunting?
muskiematt
Ensign
Ensign

Postby muskiematt » Oct Sat 14, 2017 11:23 am

handyandy wrote:as Prybis said there is a ramp at camp atterbury fish and wild life. I have put in there before and paid blues canoes to shuttle me back up and let me pull out at their camp site. Your only on sugar creek for a short while with that float and driftwood most the time after blue river and sugar meet up. It's a nice float fishing is ok blues canoes makes it convenient to do a float on your own, but it's also a down side as they put a lot of people on that stretch especially over the summer. The fall is a good time to make it. You should be able to park off any bridge and access the creek and wade up or down stream from the bridge.

I had no idea about blues canoes. That's a great idea, especially since I have a yak.

Return to “Central Indiana Fishing Reports and Information”