Anyone still bowfish?

Post your Bow Fishing reports and tips here.

Moderator: Yooper

NWIangler
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyone still bowfish?

Postby NWIangler » Jun Thu 01, 2017 10:41 am

Ive recently gotten into bowfishing and like it a lot. This forum hasnt been active in a while and i was wondering if anyone still bowfshes. For those that still do, is a 35 pound draw weight to light for a bow? Should i bump it up to 45?
MJDEJONG11
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Anyone still bowfish?

Postby MJDEJONG11 » Jun Thu 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Where do you normally go? I have a bow that I want to get back into using just dont know where good spots for carp are.
NWIangler
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby NWIangler » Jun Thu 01, 2017 3:14 pm

MJDEJONG11 wrote:Where do you normally go? I have a bow that I want to get back into using just dont know where good spots for carp are.

We went to lassale fish and wildlife area yesterday and shot at 2 bowfin and a gar but no kills. But last year we went to Sugar creek and shot five monster gar and mossed a crap load. Today we are going to try willows slough and check out the ditches around there. Just check out the bayous on the kankakee and any ditches around there. If you go there at the right time of year, they are chocked full.
MJDEJONG11
Ensign
Ensign

Postby MJDEJONG11 » Jun Thu 01, 2017 4:13 pm

I see some carp in the creek by my house in St John when walking the dog without the bow, and whenever I go back with the bow I never see anything.
Do not know anything about bows to answer your initial question btw. I just have an old hand-me-down that I use without any knowledge about
NWIangler
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Postby NWIangler » Jun Thu 01, 2017 10:55 pm

MJDEJONG11 wrote:I see some carp in the creek by my house in St John when walking the dog without the bow, and whenever I go back with the bow I never see anything.
Do not know anything about bows to answer your initial question btw. I just have an old hand-me-down that I use without any knowledge about

Lol, thats how it always is! The same with turkeys. They always do the opposite of what you expect. Just keep at it, they will eventually be there one day.
slugger33
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby slugger33 » Jun Mon 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Raccoon lake is good for shooting carp. I have shot a few giants in suger creek as a kid but havent arrowed a carp in 5 years. I shot a few asian carp on the river
Every day is a good day to fish.

Return to “Bow Fishing”